Why work for Miska Trailers?
Miska Trailer Factory is a well- established organization and is a recognized leader in the trailer manufacturing industry. As a result of our record-breaking sales in 2020, we are looking to expand our family-owned organization.
At Miska we pride ourselves on providing in-house training, promoting our employees from within, offering secure employment, guaranteed hours, no layoffs, our green initiatives, and valuing our employees.
While offering competitive wages we also provide a number of benefits to employees including a perfect attendance bonus of up to $750, monthly attendance draws, a $300 allowance towards work attire per year, free on-site parking, a company matching RRSP program, a semi-annual incentive plan, company events, benefits, straight shifts, a free bus shuttle from specified locations to and from work, and permanent – full-time employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate employees or applicants on the basis of ancestry, race, gender identity / gender expression, colour, religion, ethnic origin, place of origin, age, disability, sex / sexual orientation, marital status, or family status. All employment decisions are assessed on individual ability, skill, job performance, and other applicable qualifications. As such, we highly encourage and support all applicants to apply without regard to any of the above grounds.
The health and safety of employees and customers at Miska Trailer Factory is our main priority. As a result, we have implemented a formal covid-19 policy. The measures we have taken include:
- Physical distancing of 3 metres
- Sanitization stations
- Mandatory face coverings upon entering the premises
- Facilities are cleaned frequently to reduce the spread of pathogens
- Covid-19 government assessments for employees are required daily
- Covid-19 self assessments are required for all customers upon entering the facility as indicated in the entryways
Miska Trailor Factory is proudly Canadian and located in the Greater Toronto Area, specifically, Hamilton Ontario. Given our diverse climate in Canada, we value social responsibility and making the earth a thriving environment for future generations. As such, we have administered green initiatives to assist in cost reduction of our products and the negative impacts of our manufacturing process on the environment.
Some of our green initiatives include:
- Replacing standard motors to High Efficient Motors on brake presses, shears, and pumps
- Upgrading welding machines to High Efficient Inverter Welding machines that are 60% more efficient resulting in energy savings
- Compressor motors changed to variable frequency drive motors to reduce electricity while on low demand.
- Removed forced air heaters to infrared radiant heat to reduce energy by approximately 60%
- Reusing 99% of our sand for the sandblaster department to decrease landfill waste
- Recycling program for plastics, paper, and other related products
- Using reusable skid material and cardboard for production and shipping purposes