Before you buy, ask yourself these questions...
- Does the Trailer Dealer / Manufacturer provide liability insurance for the trailer? Ask for proof.
- What is the Trailer Warranty? What does it include?
- Will the Dealer / Manufacturer be in business for the duration of the warranty?
- Does the Dealer / Manufacturer stand behind their work?
- Is the Dealer / Manufacturer an established business? How long?
- Does your Dealer / Manufacturer provide In-House-Financing?
- Can the Dealer offer full service, repairs & parts?
- How is your Dealer’s Creditability? Stability? Reputation? Knowledge?
- How well is your Dealers’ Customer Service? Are you happy with it?
- Does the Dealer have a good reputation for service?
- Talk to current trailer owners, would they buy the same brand again?
- Does the Trailer dealer / manufacturer follow guidelines, standards, regulations, and recommended practices as outlined by National Association of Trailer Manufacturers (NATM), Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO), Department of Transportation (DOT) and Transport Canada?
- How is the trailer engineered and designed? How is the trailer frame constructed? How is the trailer wired and painted?
- Am I getting what I’m paying for? Make sure you always challenge VALUE vs. PRICE?
- Will / Can the dealership answer technical questions about the trailer and/or the parts used in manufacturing? Buy Factory Direct and talk to the people that know the answers.
- Do you feel you can trust the people serving you?